The mission for all our supporter donations is to further the effectiveness of the Masoyi Home Based Care Project in South Africa, in providing care and support to the sick, orphaned, vulnerable and destitute in the Masoyi community, including those infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS. We are committed to improving the lives of those in the community by addressing their physical, emotional and spiritual needs and by helping them to develop economic independence.
The Trust holds no assets, and most costs are met by the management team at present. In 2017, we decided to allocate up to 2% of income to fund-raising. This means we are able to send 98% of all donations (less bank charges) to support the people we’re all about helping. By way of example:
- £6pm (£72pa) will provide basic food for an individual.
- £25 will provide a school uniform.
- £65pm (£780pa) will fund a basic incentive payment for one of the local workers.
- £300 will build a long-drop toilet.
- £2,500-3,000 will build a two-room house for a child-headed household currently living in a shack.
Many of those that we support live a hand-to-mouth existence. Our volunteers who give up their time for the Project also often experience their own poverty problems. Monetary donations go directly to those that are in the greatest need and to the areas of the project that most require our funds. Our priorities are based on the recommendations of our partners in Masoyi, who regularly update us on the needs of the project. We provide regular feedback to our supporters on where our money is spent and who has been helped.
You can donate by (click on an option below):
- Bank Transfer (BACS)
- Cash Deposit
- Everclick (simple, but with admin. fee)
- Just Giving by Text
- Just Giving instead of a gift to family and friends
- Standing Order (for regular donations)
If you prefer, you can also donate directly to Masoyi Home Based Care Project in South Africa (with associated bank charges and fees) here.
Registered Charity No. 1167595